If you are wondering how to earn money online with Google AdSense, then I believe you are here at the right place. Google’s pay per click and pay per impression advertising, is a very interesting business model.
With the right mindset, it’s pretty simple to monetize your blog / website and the risks are very low. All you need is:
- a Computer: desktop or laptop;
- Internet access;
- Web hosting;
- And Quality content.
Yes, that’s all you need to earn money online 24/7. You DON’T need:
- To sell;
- Products, Inventory, Order handling & Shipping;
- Customers and Support.
[monitize-grid-duo id=”7″ location=”left” limit=”1″]
As I already mentioned in the introduction “How to monetize a blog with Adsense“, always look for more ways to monetize your Niche market.
Google AdSense is a great option when applied the right way, however it isn’t the only way to earn money online and increase your online profits.
AdSense income is obviously related to driving web traffic to your site, but there are more ways to get a higher Click Through Rate (CTR).
Advertisers absolutely love blogs, and a lot of blog / website owners are fine with the ads because most of them are directly related to the subject of their website / webpages.
Also, If people didn’t like the ads they wouldn’t be clicking on them and website owners wouldn’t be making as much money as they do every year with Ads CTR.
Even though you don’t have total control with AdSense; it isn’t clear, which ads will be shown, as well as it isn’t sure how much you’ll get paid, I do really believe it’s possible to make money with AdSense, and / or increase your AdSense earnings to build an extra income stream.
Eventually the Goal is to drive more traffic to your site, because this means more Clicks, which results in generating more revenue.
Let’s explore 3 ways to Optimize the use of AdSense, Increase your Adsense Revenue, and gain Control of what people click:
- Generate More Web Traffic;
- Improve the Ads Click Through Rate (CTR);
- Approach High Competitive Markets via Low Competitive Niches.
1. How to Generate More Web Traffic?
Here are some ways to increase traffic to your website / blog:
- Paid traffic (for example Pay Per Click advertising, Banner advertising);
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO);
- Video marketing;
- E mail marketing / list building;
- Create some quality content and keep it up to date. Your visitors will generate traffic for you by sharing content with other people, telling about your site, and via feeds, pings, and trackbacks as well. A lot of people are doing just that nowadays, so it becomes an online business in itself.
- You want to Discover How to increase web traffic? Here you find lots of Free Tips…
2. How to Improve the Ads Click Through Rate (CTR)?
As stated before, first of all you need to create quality content (or you can Outsource this task) and keep your site’s content up to date. Also provide as much as possible Alternatives for the searched content.
Strive to give your visitors Interesting Options, with related content. For example, people looking for ‘how to cloak links’ (low competition) are probably also interested in Affiliate Marketing (high competition). Offer opportunities and make them curious to click.
Whether you create your own ads (on your website or via the Pay Per Click content advertising) or allow AdSense to place ads on your website, don’t let the ads look like ads.
AdSense can be very well integrated with your website, it’s easy to customize in terms of Color, Size and Position. This means you can experiment with it in any way you like to maximize your online income:
- Make your ads Look and Feel like the content of your webpage or -site;
- Best ad(sense) sizes: 300×250 (medium rectangle), and 336X280 (large rectangle);
- Use Blue links, (people are used to this and recognize this as a link);
- Use Black text and Green URL;
- White background and no-border.
Text ads or Image ads? I prefer Text ads above Graphical adverts, unless the Image ads look like Text ads. Why?
- Text ads aren’t forced on site visitors. Because they are less obvious some people aren’t going to see them, but those who do see them, and read them are significantly more likely to click on them. Whether people will notice the ads, depends also on the Ad Positioning. Always position the adverts where the eyes (of visitors) go.
- Text ads provide more information. In general, someone who is reading text will not be fully satisfied by what they read, and if they check the (AdSense) ads they are most likely to read something which is related to the searched content, and supplements whatever their intention is.
3. How to approach High Competitive Markets via Low Competitive Niches?
It’s very Difficult and Expensive to drive High Competitive Traffic to your website. What do I mean?
- It’s difficult to Rank (to increase visibility in Search Engine Results) for these keyWords in order to get organic (free) traffic.
- And Pay Per Click advertising is only affordable for the big companies.
But no worries, there are ways to bypass this… Marcus Campbell, an internet marketer coach, calls this principle: “Flipping the market“.
It’s like Penetrating a High Competitive market with Low Competition niche keywords (and / or low Pay Per Click costs).
How does this work? There are two ways to achieve this:
- You build a website with 15 plus pages, called an authority website,
- OR you build various smaller niche blogs / sites. I mostly use this option for the niches I pick and create niche websites.
In both situations you have to create Quality content based on:
- The low competitive keywords,
- As well as the high competitive AdSense keywords, which are most likely the Top-Paying Words.
The Idea is to Lead visitors from the pages / sites with the “low competitive content” to webpages / site with the content based on the TOP-Paying Keywords.
Whether you Redirect to an internal page / post or to an external webpage depends on the choice: building an “authority site” or several “mini blogs / sites”.
You can use Ads (side widgets), Internal / External links, and / or Banners for redirection. Always make sure:
- To Focus on the visitor’s intent (“what do they really want“);
- If you pick the various smaller “mini blogs / sites” option: To create a (niche) website with a domain related to the High-Paying keywords;
- To have AdSense on the site / page / post with relevant content to the High Paying Keyword(s).
If done correctly you can start driving traffic to pages / sites with the low competition content and turn this Low cost traffic into High cost web traffic. How?
- Paid traffic: because of using low competitive keywords the costs to buy web traffic to your site are lower. This is the Fast Way to get web traffic that you can redirect to the content with the High Paying Keywords.
- Organic traffic: By choosing low competition keywords it’s easier to Rank for these words. Be aware that following the SEO-route will take more time and effort.
I am pretty sure that you want to see some more niche market Examples now: 🙂
- Puppy names (low competitive) –> Dog training (high competitive).
- Mortgage calculator (low competitive) –> Refinance (high competitive).
- Home value, house prices, mortgage loan calculator –> Mortgage loans, refinance, home loans.
- Fat burning foods, foods that burn fat, exercise routines, fat burning exercises for men (low competitive) –> Weight loss programs, weight loss program, online personal training, personal trainer (high competitive).
Below you see some screen shots (costs in Euro, 04-24-2015: 1 Euro equals 1.09 US Dollar). Remind that the click price is an Indication.
Click the screen shots to see the monthly searches and competition…
When using these Strategies, to Optimize the use of AdSense, Increase your Adsense Revenue, and gain Control of what people click, you are building your own AdSense Empire.
Here you find an approach that supports the above strategies using Google’s Keyword Planner Tool.
Connect low competitive niches to high competitive markets to build a Sustainable extra income stream online, and then Repeat this process over and over again.
Here you find 4 steps to build and exploit Adsense websites.
If you don’t want to build and exploit blogs / websites and apply the above tips yourself; There are other ways to get your money making websites based on Google AdSense, as well as Clickbank.
Here you find a popular Alternative to make money with AdSense websites….
To your AdSense success.
2 thoughts on “3 Ways to Increase your AdSense Earnings”
Comments are closed.